If you ever feel overwhelmed by Social Media, you are not alone. You keep hearing that you need to post multiple times a day on multiple social platforms and the fear of having no content is all-consuming and you end up not posting anything…
If you’re not sure what you should post to ACTUALLY get likes, comments, and shares, then stick around, this post is for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure here.
Well, I did come up with a few ideas for you, you’re welcome.
We all know social media is about being social. The worst thing you can do is talk about your business all day every day. Sure, it’s ok to talk about yourself once in a while, but don’t go overboard.
Social media is about engaging with people and providing content that will help your followers.
What Channels Do These Ideas Work With?
These content ideas will work super awesome on all of your traditional social media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.
You can use free scheduling tools to simplify your posting life such as Buffer, Tailwind and Hootsuite.
I’m sure you have heard that the organic reach on Facebook and Twitter has declined considerably, but that does NOT mean that those channels have become obsolete for promoting your content.
The amazing thing about this list of ideas is that any business can benefit from it. From the mommy blogger to the plumber down the road, the style of these ideas can be tweaked for any niche.
More Tips For Your Content Ideas
Content calendars are the ultimate way to ensure your SMART Goals are met by giving you the ability to organize and plan your content and never miss any of those important holidays, products launch dates campaigns and more. Having a content calendar for all your social media accounts is essential for staying organized and on schedule with posting content.
Be sure to switch up the type of posts you are sharing so that your feed stays exciting for your followers.
The Ultimate List Of Content Ideas For Social Media
Here you have 75 content ideas for social media broken down into categories for easy-breezy scheduling.
Remember not to promote yourself too much, but in moderation this is good!
1. Write a blog post and promote it by writing a short teaser.
2. Reshare popular content that has done well for you in the past
3. Share a freebie such as a worksheet, guides, courses and more
4. Shout out your product or service
5. Create a call to action to subscribe to your newsletter
6. Tell your followers where else they can follow you on social media
7. Run a promotion/discount for your product or service
8. Reshare an old blog post that could use some attention
9. Share a testimonial you received
10. Ask your followers to tag a friend on your post
11. This or That (Such as do you prefer tea or coffee, sweet or salty etc)
12. If you could.. (Such as If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?)
13. Run a poll (I’m thinking of creating this, what do you think about that?)
14. Would you rather… (would you rather have free Timmies for a year or free Itunes for a lifetime?)
15. Fill in the blank.. (My favourite marketing blog is _____)
16. What if…(What if you won the lottery, what would you do?)
17. Gratitude Question…(What are you most thankful for today?)
18. Nostalgic question…(what is the best movie you have ever seen?)
19. Goals Question … (What kind of goals do you have for this month?)
20. Content Question…(What kind of content would you like to see more of)
21. Niche related meme
22. Flat layout of product or office space
23. Business news to announce
24. Industry News to announce
25. Niche related tip or trick
26. Before and after photos
27. Sneak peek for upcoming reveal
28. Behind the scenes
29. Staff celebrating holiday
30. Shout out a holiday
31. Celebrate a National day
32. Niche news
33. Repost viral niche video’s and photos
These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
34. Rave about your favourite educational software
35. Shout out your favourite educational resource
36. Shout out to your mentor/influencer
37. Highlight your favorite social profile
38. Talk about equipment you use and link to it to purchase if applicable
Share Your Personal Life
39. Fun fact about you
40. How your day is playing out
41. Family time
42. Podcast you are listening to
43. Book you are reading
44. Quote that inspires
45. Share your downtime activities
46. Thank followers
47. Share fan photos
48. Share your mantra
49. Share your explorations and experiences
50. Share a hobby unrelated to your niche
51. Tell a story
52. Industry statistics
53. Your personal growth
55. Niche related historical timeline
Phew! That’s a long list of topics! This is the ultimate list that you will ever need for post suggestions.
Scheduling Content Tips
The most important thing to figure out is when your audience is active on each social network that you will be utilizing. A quick google search for specific social networks can provide you with insight on generally accurate peak times. While it is a good starting point, you will want to create monthly analysis reports to see when YOUR specific audience is online and engaging with your content and tweak your calendar to those posting times.
There are many options available for scheduling social posts. Hootsuite, Buffer and Sprout Social are my favourite platforms to schedule all social media posts, engage with followers, and track success.